I love to cook! I especially love to try new recipes. This one was a huge hit on our last “stay-at-home-date-night”.
1 (10 oz) bag potato gnocchi
1 TB coconut oil, divided
1/2 bell pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 small zucchini
1 1/2 cups raw spinach
4 oz grape tomatoes, halved
1 toothpick* basil essential oil
1 drop lemon essential oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1/2 Tbs oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add remaining coconut oil, onion, zucchini, and bell pepper, to the pan and saute, stirring, over medium heat.
3. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add spinach and cook until spinach starts to wilt.
5. Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and essential oils.
6. Add gnocchi and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
7. Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
I also garnished mine with fresh basil from my herb garden.
Total time: 20 minutes
*Sometimes a drop of essential oil can be too much. To get a toothpick amount, dip the end of a toothpick in the bottle of oil and then stir into the recipe.